Home Use Testing
Home Use Testing
Home Use Testing (or HUT) is the process of supplying test products to consumers to test in their own home environment. This methodology can be used test a new recipe or product, conduct claim support, carry out children’s research or conduct competitor comparison analysis.
1. Samples are prepared, coded and bagged in our facilities using our staff following COVID-19 guidance and procedures
2. We use experienced distributors to drop off samples at individual panellist households
3. Distributors will be supplied with PPE, they will follow social distancing regulations when dropping off samples
4. The distributors will inform the respondents of the instructions for the test and will ensure they know how to complete the questionnaires
5. We collect signed confidentiality and test instruction declaration sheets if required
Tests can be run over a number of days or weeks depending on your timescales. They can show you exactly what the consumer thinks about your product over that time. Projects can be turned around in less than 3 weeks from start to completion.
We are able to work with you to determine the right demographics of participants and carry all testing out according to current COVID 19 lock-down guidelines.
If you would like further information or to discuss a particular project with us then please get in contact with me by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling: 07779 333 494.
The Case Study
A client wanted to explore the use of two separate components used in the cooking of a microwave burger product that consumers used at home. The two components had different properties and therefore affected the final outcome of the cooked product.